- To develop approaches and practices for comprehensive and integrated environmental impact assessment.
- To improve environmental assessment procedures and methods for practical application.
- To promote training of environmental impact assessment and public understanding of the field.
- To provide professional quality assurance by peer review and other means
- To share information networks, timely publications, and professional meetings.
- To organise conferences, courses, seminars, workshops, and other training programmes aimed at cross-fertilization of ideas, and also proffer solutions to challenges confronting environmental stake holders.
- To equip, develop and support the capacity of individuals and institutions through the award of grants and scholarships.
- To provide advisory and support services to governmental or non-governmental agencies in the implementation of environmental laws and policy, regulation management, contracts, training, development of practise guidelines and other related areas.
- To co-operate with all other national and international organisations, agencies and bodies that have aims and objectives analogous to the aforementioned.
- To do such other things that will enhance the above objectives and the development of other related areas.